Oscars: Red hot Jennifer Aniston and fiancé Justin Theroux lead cinema's couples
Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux led the power couples at this year's Oscars.
Hollywood's golden girl Jennifer, who looked radiant in a scarlet Valentino gown, held hands with her fiancé Justin as she arrived to present the best costume Oscar alongside Channing Tatum. "It's a fun thing to do," said Jennifer of the evening. Her jewellery was by Fred Leighton, apart from her engagement ring. "This is my fiancé," she said, referring to the sparkling diamond on her left hand.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR GALLERY
Jennifer, who was previously married to Brad Pitt, is due to tie the knot with Justin later this year.
Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck, the couple of the moment, turned heads as they arrived. The mother-of-three wore a Gucci Premier, violet silk crepe strapless column gown with dramatic back-bow detail and ruffling. Satin platform Brian Atwood sandals, diamond jewels and a matching clutch completed the look.
Both were hoping that Ben – who directed and starred in the project – would pick up Best Film for the Iranian-hostage thriller. Ben did not make the Best Director shortlist, which is regarded by many as one of the controversies of this year's awards.
Argo's producer George Clooney was accompanied by his statuesque model girlfriend Stacy Keibler, who wore a sleek silver, sequin Naeem Khan gown, accessorising with Guiseppe Zanotti heels and Lorraine Schwartz jewels.
Catherine Zeta-Jones arrived on the arm of husband Michael Douglas. The Welsh actress shone in a gold Zuhair Murad dress and Lorraine Schwartz jewels. Talking about the night, she said: "Everyone has to tune in. It's going to be a great celebration!"
- The red carpet unravels as Oscar preparations are underway
- Oscars 2013: Hollywood's hottest hangouts
- Oscars 2013: Gossip from a celebrity gifting suite
- Oscars: Best Actress nominee Jessica Chastain treats herself at gifting suite
- Oscars 2013 winners: an emotional night for Jennifer, Daniel and Ben
- Oscars 2013: Zachary Furnish-John steals the show at dad Elton John's party
- Oscars 2013: All that glitters: Oscar's leading ladies shimmer and shine
- Oscars 2013: Anne Hathaway chooses Prada dress just 'three hours' before ceremony