Jennifer Lawrence takes a tumble at the Oscars for second year running
In 2013, Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars stumble made for one of the most memorable moments of the ceremony. This year the actress managed to fall again, before she'd even made it into the Dolby Theatre where the cine bash took place.
The American Hustle beauty was waving to fans on the red carpet after just exiting her limousine when she tripped on her strapless red Dior gown, knocking over a traffic cone in the process.
CLICK ON PHOTOS FOR GALLERY
Her towering Brian Atwood black sandals presumably didn't make it easy for the star to keep her balance.
Jennifer good-naturedly laughed off the incident, throwing her head back and dissolving into fits of giggles. She was helped to her feet by her date Nicholas Hoult, and a pair of policemen.
The 22-year-old was also wearing Dior last year when she tripped up while climbing the stairs to collect her Best Actress trophy for her role in Silver Linings Playbook.
Once she'd regained her composure and made it onto the podium, Jennifer received a standing ovation from the crowd.
Jennifer with Best Actress winner Cate Blanchett
"Thank you so much," she told them. "This is nuts. You guys are only standing up because I fell and you feel bad. That was embarrassing."
This year the blonde star didn't take home the gold – she lost out in the best supporting actress category to 12 Years a Slave's Lupita Nyongo.
Jennifer still sparkled on the night though, thanks to her accessories. She chose a bling-tastic $2million Neil Lane necklace, worn backwards for effect. The precious piece was made up of carved rock crystal and 100 carats of diamonds
Jennifer also wore 10-carat diamond stud earrings and a platinum and diamond ring set worth $1million.
- Jennifer Lawrence is red hot in Dior
- BAFTAs 2014: the winners revealed
- Oscars 2013: Winner Jennifer Lawrence is Hollywood's golden girl
- Oscars 2013 best accessories: Jennifer Lawrence and Anne Hathaway's winning reverse necklace trend
- Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams fly back to LA after BAFTA bash
- Best behind-the-scenes selfies and photos from Oscars 2014
- Cate Blanchett and Lupita Nyong'o deliver memorable speeches as they are crowned queens of Hollywood